Submitted: 03-29-2010 by w_brock

I have had my delta for about a year and a half. It is my first kayak and I didn't want to review it without trying it in many different weather conditions. This kayak has been great for the area I am in. It is very stable. I have had it out in 20+ winds on the Columbia and have never even felt like it might roll. It is light weight and easily placed in the J style rack on my Outback. The thermoformed plastic has been ideal. The summer time temps here avg 90-100 F. I have not had any issues with hull deformation. I take my kayak to work and leave it on the rack all day in the sun, when I get to the river in the evening, it is still perfect...no dents, etc. I do store it in the garage when not in use. It still looks as nice as the day I bought it.

The footpegs are easily adjusted. The seat has been very comfortable, I have not experienced any issues with my legs falling asleep. It would be fine for a larger paddler, I am 5'4". My husband tried it once, he is 6'(also not much of a kayaker).

I have loved taking little adventures around our area in this boat. I look forward to actually loading it with camping gear for a short trip. This has been a great boat. I have enjoyed my time on the water in it. After a year and a half of consistent use it is still in great shape. Nothing has broken, warped, or fallen apart. It has been a quality product. I would buy a Delta again.