Submitted: 03-26-2010 by Jason Butler

I love this canoe!
It is as rugged as they come, I've hit and scraped this boat on about every river rock in north Georgia with nothing more to show for it than (lots) of cosmetic scratches. It's versatile. I've been fishing in calm lakes to canoeing down Class I-III rapids with no problems.

I've heard some folks say this is a good canoe for calm rivers but stay out of the rapids. Baloney, this canoe loves moderate whitewater. The key is, if you are going solo, right before you get to anything tricky is get your knees on the floor right behind the middle seat. This way you can lower your center of gravity if needed, you can oar with more power and you can even maneuver the boat slightly with your legs. I took the Mad River down Etowah Falls (Class IV) smooth as silk using this technique.

And the boat is comfortable, the seats are the reason my wife let me get this boat, and they delivered as promised. I've taken the whole family down the Metro Hooch, me in back, the wife up front and my two little girls in the middle. I've gone on long trips with buddies, and long trips with a dog, and ever mammal that has been in the canoe for any length of time loves it (and usually ends up thinking of getting one).

If it sank today I'd go out and buy the same boat tomorrow.

Space Trailers :