Submitted: 03-24-2010 by solarcane

I've had my Redfish 12 for three months. I pushed it down a snow bank to take it out the first time, that's how eager I was to try it out! I paddle mostly deep Georgia reservoir lakes and the Chattahoochee River.

The Redfish is super stable, the seat is comfortable, and the kayak is fast after only a couple strokes. There is plenty of room out back for a crate with four rods, a soft tackle bag, drinks and cameras. The front hatch holds plenty of gear for an overnight trip

I'm over 6 feet tall and 210 lbs, the kayak carries me and my gear effortlessly. The fit and finish are first class. I've had several compliments on the Redfish's stealthy profile.

I mounted a portable fish finder on top of the front hatch cover using bungee cords. I made an aluminum transducer bracket that matches the side profile of the Redfish. Next I made a small square aluminum piece that slides into the foot peg rail. I mount the transducer to it with a wing nut. By mounting the fish finder this way it is 100 percent portable and a breeze to put on and off the kayak.

I'm over 60 yrs old in pretty decent health and loading and unloading the 12 ft Redfish from pickup truck racks is simple. I would recommend the Redfish to anyone. I'm so satisfied, I am getting a Redfish 10 as a second boat for my wife and friends to use. You will be happy you bought the Heritage Redfish 12.