Submitted: 03-22-2010 by se7enhdy
The Angler is a great kayak and fits my needs. I use it in coastal bay area and lake which opens into the bay area. Just as advertised: Unfold out of its pack, inflate (okay here's the part where you have to put a little muscle in pumping as this boat takes 6.5 psi) strap in the seat and you're off.

PROS:
Tracking - Stays straight in flat water and easy to maneuver.
Speed: I was extremely surprised how fast this kayak moves in the water and how she takes on the waves breaking in front of me.
Stability - Very easy for me to enter/exit. With a little I was able to stand in the kayak!

CONS
On my maiden voyage the scupper located in the center of the floor board where the drink holder is located leaks. The water started slowly filling up the drink holder area. After about an hour of paddling the water started to over-flow into the drink cup area (floor board in center of kayak between my legs) and I began to worry. I was able to paddle to a public kayak dock where I lifted the kayak out of the water and noticed the water leaking from the scupper. I tried to secure the scupper and placed the boat back in the water and noticed air bubbles coming from the scupper and after trying to tighten it again and again it just kept on leaking. I had no choice but to use the repair kit that comes with the kayak and seal the bottom of the kayak to prevent the water from leaking into the scupper and was able to paddle my way back home.

I'm not upset as these things happen when you're on the water but was very glad that I carried along the repair kit that Airis supplies. The PROs outweigh that one bad incident. I'm very happy with this kayak and it is a pleasure to paddle. It's a great cruiser while touring the coastal bay area and lakes.