Submitted: 03-19-2010 by adarnold82

I bought this boat from Academy Sports in Feb of 2010. It was a leftover Kayak that was in the back. The salesman didn't even know it was there lol. It is identical (same molding)to the Pursuit 100 made by pelican, only it is solid OD Green.

I am very pleased with this Kayak. I am new to the sport and took it to Toledo Bend lake this past weekend (long 5 day weekend). I used the kayak for both fishing and recreational paddling. I paddled about a mile the first day just to get a feel for it. At first it felt a little unstable but once I got used to it the secondary stability was great. The next couple of days I probably logged about 10 miles. Does not track all that strait because it is only 10 ft but if you paddle correctly it will go where ever you want and you can turn it on a dime. The last few days I got my wife, who is pretty small, to give it a go. She was impressed and now wants one of her own.

Another thing about the secondary stability. I have twin 6 year old girls who weigh about 40 lbs. a piece. I let them sit in the kayak with me (one at a time in between my legs) and took them each for long rides. Through all this the kayak never sank and it has worked out for me and my family.