Submitted: 03-11-2010 by Satchie
I bought my Perception Sea Lion fiberglass sea kayak in 1998. I've been very pleased with it and have paddled it on lakes, creeks and occasionally on the ocean. The only reason I give it a 9 instead of a 10 is on account of the difficulty in trying to find a replacement backrest. The original backrest was made of a pretty durable material which looked like translucent plexiglass. This was covered by a padded backrest. Eventually the plexiglass back cracked and had to be removed after having worked for several years. Upon contacting Perception, I was told that this piece was no longer available since they no longer made the Sea Lion. I have still not found a satisfactory replacement for the broken piece. I was very surprised that Perception didn't have a replacement available for such a popular kayak.