Submitted: 02-24-2010 by mrsadie

I have the Quest LV in Carbon/Kevlar and I am 5'5" even though it is sold as low volume it is quite roomy for me. (This is a good thing as I wanted the room for long days 8 hrs+ without getting out) The footbraces suck (I have a 2006 model) they pop out of their position when I roll and are hard to adjust. I believe the newer models have better foot braces. The kayak Tracks well Even better fully loaded and you can load it. It handles well in rough conditions and I trust it completely. The foward/aft paddle bungies are useless underway as you cant get the paddle back in place (easily modified with some beads) I also had a problem with the skeg getting stuck up due to the tabs that guide it were a little too big. This caused the cable to kink. (again P&H has a new system) Overall I give the kayak a 9.5 (scale forces me to give it a nine) This is a great kayak for long touring trips and day touring. It also rolls well.