Submitted: 02-24-2010 by darius

I bought my tarpon 100 the spring of 2009 and used in the summer of 2009 about 10 times. The reason I gave it 8 because my kayak has a manufacturers defect- it's nose is bent to one side a little and because of that it is drifting to the right a little. So I have to put more energy in my right hand all the time. My advice to a new buyer to flip it over and check if it is 100% symmetrical, and also if it does not have any shipping cuts underneath.

Other than that it is a very nice kayak, it is stable, the seat is the best of the other kayaks I have tried, I like the adjustable footrest. I have done everything with it, went fishing, surfing, paddled for a couple miles straight, took my 2 year daughter for a ride on my lap...it is a perfect all around kayak.

If it wasn't for the defect, I would have given it 10. I like it better than the sit-inside I also have, and I am planning to sell the sit-inside and buy a tarpon 120 as a second kayak.