Submitted: 02-22-2010 by smithfield_paddler
Didn't intend to leave a review of this boat, but I can't believe more people haven't reviewed this boat!! Had her for a little over a year a now. Coming from a Pungo 140, then a CD Sirocco and finally my Scorpio. Bottom line. I love this boat!! As maneuverable as my Sirocco but with a good bit more initial stability. A good amount of storage space and great outfitting. Particularly on the thigh braces. The back band is average and could tolerate an after market upgrade. A great day boat with enough speed to take on a multi-day trip if you wanted. Not a speed demon but quicker than my old sirocco. For me, the jury is still out on the skeg deployment design. I don't hate it but honestly think I prefer a standard cable set up. The plastic skeg with the bungee tensioner seems to be a little wiggly in the side to side area, never the less able to hold her on course in a cross breeze. I do however find it comforting to know that I won't damage the skeg in an accidental beaching. Can't speak to it's surfing ability but it does handle confused 2 foot chop very well ( I didn't even have to lay out a low brace). But give her a some edge and she'll turn where you want. Yeh, I really like this boat. I did have a minor manufacturing defect which was repaired to my satisfaction by the dealer near the rudder dowel at the stern of the boat. I do admit that it was a surprise coming from P&H but it was a fairly minor defect (albeit, one that was letting water into my aft storage compartment.)

I'm about 6 foot tall, with a 31" inseam and weigh in at 205lbs. A smaller person (175lbs or less) might find the LV version of the Scorpio a better fit.

All in all, I would recommend this boat to anyone in my size range +- 20 lbs. Love this boat!!