Submitted: 02-16-2010 by GilH
I wrote the first ever review of ken's paddles under the brand Greenland Kayaking paddles. Now, with almost three years of paddling and having compared and tested other paddles, I can truly say that Ken's paddles are as good as they come. None better. I am sure there are many just as good, but not better. Just last year while paddling Silver River I noticed another greenland paddler. We started to talk and compare paddles. The paddler paid slightly more for their paddle. Their paddler was lighter, but it was also thinner and shorter. The craftmanship look good, but I would not call it superior that ken's paddles. Overall, it was an OK paddle. I also tested a greenland style carbon paddle. Those are lighter, but they have been known to snap easily while rolling or trying a paddle float re-entry. Not sure why a previous review would give Ken's paddles a 3 rating. perhaps that was not one of Ken's paddles after all. I now own two paddles. I have abudes them both in my pool, rivers, sprinds and lagoons. Both of them are strong and smooth to paddle. If we are comparing apples to apples (One brand of greenland style paddle with another) Ken's paddles do get a 10 out of 10. I love my Greenland paddles from Ken.