Submitted: 02-12-2010 by Grizzly652
I've chosen this little yak for 2 reasons: limited storage space (I live in a condo) and the amazing capacity for a 10 feet boat (I weigh 280 pounds). At first, I was reluctant to buy a SOT. I was looking to get a Pelican Sound. The salesperson at kayak shop warned me that an overloaded kayak may result in very poor performance and higher risk of instability in choppy waters. So, i finally chose the "B" plan and bought the T-100. And that was a good choice.
I've taken it on small rivers, lakes and even on the St-Laurence River. Its 2 closed hatches + open storage space in the back even allows for short camping trips. It is very stable in choppy waters. I never even got closed of turning over.
Pros and cons
- Amazing capacity (325 pounds)
- Easy access
- Track well
- Very stable in choppy waters
- Comfortable seating
- Lots of storage
- Reasonable price
- Can be stored in small sheds.
- A little bit slow. You'll be disappointed if you expect same performances as a 15ft sea kayak.
- Since it's a SOT, legs are exposed to sun, water and mosquitoes. You may want to get a wet suit for colder temperature.