Submitted: 02-12-2010 by AH

I have owned my Acadia for 4 years now and still love it. I'm a graduate student that works in the salt marshes and barrier islands of Virginia and have used this kayak many times to reach places up small canals or to cross open water between islands. I'm not really comfortable going out with big swells, but in moderate conditions, the Acadia has always gotten me there. My only complaint is the seat, I work in salt water and there has been some weird corrosion around the seat attachments and overall the back rest has broken down a little. I've talked with people about replacing the seat and its going to be a bit difficult. However, I use and abuse this thing and have made many miles in it. Its a little heavier than some of the kayaks I've used, but is still not too hard to drag over the flats when the tide leaves you dry.