Submitted: 02-08-2010 by Richard Kuehner

I have an 2007 model. It's worked very well in the Guadalupe River, and down on the coast. Over time though, many of the hardware fasteners (screws) have come loose, causing me to have to try to re-bolt the handles and seat from the inside of the boat (not an easy task). Hopefully they've been able to fix this problem in the new boats for 2010. Also, the front hatch on mine has a tendency to come off on drops and rough chop. This caused me to nearly sink on one river outing. Believe me its hard to get a water logged kayak out of the river and drained. Maybe the new forward hatch system will solve this problem. I plan on going to Austin Canoe and Kayak and have them install bungee cords to keep extra pressure on my forward hatch. Otherwise this kayak has taken all the abuse I've thrown at it. Numerous scars from the shallow Guadalupe, but keeps on performing. I'm happy in my choice of a Wilderness Systems kayak.