Submitted: 01-27-2010 by tcrado

My wife and I love this kayak. It is very stable. It does not track very well at all through the water so the strong kayaker has to be seated in the rear to compensate. Keep in mind we are less experienced than most. I have not tried it with one person in the middle. My main reason for writing this review, the rudder that is sold as an accessory. It doesn't work with the XK17. With the rudder support mounted on the kayak, the actual rudder will not attach since the kayak is in the way. I had to modify the rudder to make it work for me. I contacted the manufacturer "Coleman" for advise but they blew me off. If you purchase this rudder, you are on your own and you will need metal working experience to get it to work. I would like some feedback on the sail kit if anyone out there had experience with one.

Suspenz: