Submitted: 01-25-2010 by LagoonSurfer
This is a follow-up/post-one year review. The XP9 makes a fantastic foul weather boat. I just love this thing. Been paddling for years now (flat water K1 sprint racing, slalom boating, sea kayaking) on flat water, the Atlantic in all sorts of conditions, and (my favorite thing) on the Indian River in 35+ knot winds. I tell my friends my XP9 is my 'awful weather boat.' It absolutely excels in 4 foot washing machine-like storm waves! I love it when the sheriff comes out of no where on the patrol boat, lights flashing, sees I'm out there on purpose and having fun, then veers away!

I've had my XP for a year now and 2 weeks ago pushed it to it's limit for this area of the country. You folks remember that Florida has been getting crazy cold weather? Well I was riding the bleeding edge of both cold fronts in my XP9 riding 4ft wave trains for miles! It was a hoot. Felt totally good in this boat. My wife says she feels much better when I take the XP out in those conditions (vs my slalom boat). By the way. It carves great on edge on a steep face. I like how it behaves in ocean surf too.