Submitted: 01-15-2010 by John S.

I bought this boat last spring $459.00. Me and a fishing buddy of mine fished all summer long and we had a blast. I have so enjoyed this kayak, it was my first. I was looking at a Mad River Synergy 12 but the cockpit in the Synergy was so deep I thought it would be difficult to get in and out and to throw a leg out when wanted. I rigged it with a cuda 300 fish finder and I power it with an old 12 volt cordless drill battery; very light. The battery lasts all day on a good charge. The fun and experiences we had fishing out of these boats I just wouldn't trade them for nothing. The things in the wild you see that the motor public just does not see are fantastic.

My buddy didn't buy the same boat his is a pelican and it's OK but I love my boat and I'm glad I chose the caster. I wish the forward storage was a lot dryer though. We have been fishing the local lakes, this spring/summer I would like to try several new lakes and maybe some ocean; the ocean would be interesting. I don't think I will try that without a guide you don't get to make to many mistakes on the ocean. I have to plug my scupper hole too. Mine is yellow and black so it can be seen. Last summer I had a fellow in a motor boat try to swamp me but my boat just rode the waves and I smiled and waved back.