Submitted: 01-11-2010 by Louise

I have spent many years paddling around the lakes in a friend's Cricket. It has been dragged over rocks and shorelines, rolled down hills, left sitting in the sun for weeks at a time and still after 11 years of abuse shows few signs of wear and tear.

It has been a joy to paddle, tracks well and being small, has allowed me to explore many tight, shallow marsh areas and streams I'd never have had the chance to enter in my larger kayak. The molded seat is extremely comfortable and has no cloth parts like most others which I have found become mildewy and smelly from constant dampness. We've even tried pulling it behind a motorboat...what a ride! albeit wet.

I am now looking to buy my own little Cricket. Summers just wouldn't be the same without one. I also own a Wilderness Systems Manteo for cold weather paddling but I still prefer the Cricket for those hot summer days when I want to dangle my feet in the water, drink my coffee, paddle around the bays and soak up the surroundings.
Move over beavers, I'm coming in.