Submitted: 03-13-1999 by Tripp

15 feet-6 inches, Sand colored, polyethylene, double Kayak with optional rudder, capacity 475 pounds. This boat was intended to provide access to the water for myself and my daughter. Have had it out 6 times on Class B flatwater rivers and the Pamlico Sound and area creeks.

This is my first kayak and I enjoy the speed advantage this boat has over the canoes I have used. The rudder is useful for wildlife watching when you need to steer yet drift quietly. It also helps when you have trouble coordinating your moves with your partner and in the chop of the Pamlico Sound. The boat is a bear to throw onto a car single-handed, but most of my trips thus far have been solo.

The hull seems stiff and all parts appear to be well made. I have yet to get in really rough water, but I like the way it handles chop. I'm a little surprised at how easily polyethylene scratches, but I don't have any terribly deep gashes yet, just a number of annoying surface blemishes from gravel and cypress stumps. The boat is comfortable with two adults but really fine for an adult and kid. Worth the money.

Advanced Elements: