Submitted: 01-05-2010 by Madeleine

I was looking for an upgrade from my 12.7 Dagger oil-canned hull boat. This was an option to try at a paddlefest. It was roomy and stable, yet faster (than I was used to). I then tried the Seayak and felt a little tippy. The big bonus with the Touryak is that it fit my 6'3" husband who has size 14 1/2 feet.

Soon after I also bought a Seayak. I would marry the Seayak and ended up selling the Touryak. Despite setting the seat back as far as possible, we both felt like the bow of the boat was always plowing down. It is a weird - and not exceptionally fun sensation that we both individually expressed. We are average weight, so it wasn't a weight thing. I called the company and they recommended setting the seat back (which he had done).

I would say that the Touryak is for a relatively inexperienced or docile boater that likes a lot of stability and good quality plastic. However if you like to have a little more fun and aren't too tall - go with the Seayak!