Submitted: 12-21-2009 by Grizzly Mick

I bought a 13' Ocean Kayak Trident Prowler at the end of the summer season 2009, so picked it up for 600. Have used it on the sea, lake & river. It was good fun on the surf, i.e. taking on the waves, but hard to turn and control coming-in. Took it on a not so calm Ullswater (UK) with 2/3' waves - It handled brilliantly, even managed to surf a few waves. I was a little disappointed with the finish on the front hatch cover, I had to cut off some of the over hanging plastic to improve the seal as I was taking in a lot of water when I was messing around on the surf (I know it was meant for this purpose, but when in Rome). I will need to fit some flotation bags as there are no bulk heads in the boat, so there is the risk that it could be completely filled with water in rough seas, lakes or rivers. On the whole it is very stable SOT Kayak. Loads of storage areas. Cuts a nice straight line and very comfortable. Easy to use on calm rivers, very capable on lakes or the sea. I use a cheap TNP (35) kayak paddle which is longer than a normal paddle - I find this a lot better than normal kayak paddles which are shorter. You can all ways attach a spare paddle on the boat.