Submitted: 12-17-2009 by baijay

I have been paddling this boat for the last few years and have no complaints. I have paddled rock gardens off the Mexican Baja Pacific coast, the Lower Columbia River, Barkley Sound and Clayoquit Sound on the West Coast of Vancouver Island as well as the Gulf Islands and Desolation Sound of the inside passage British Columbia. Wherever I have gone and whatever I encountered, the kayak was more capable than I. If you are looking for a serious all-around touring boat that day trips as well as it expeditions, I recommend the Aquanaut. Structurally it has seen some abuse during BCU 4-star training and a bailout emergency landing on sandstone ledges at Lake Powell during a wind storm. Over time I have added a 4-inch keel strip and refinished the gelcoat of the hull but otherwise the boat has needed only 303 protectant.
Hope this was useful. Have fun and skill and knowledge matter.