Submitted: 12-10-2009 by michaelappugliese

I wish there was an option to rate this paddle a 12/10. That should say enough.
I've been paddling for many, many years and have used all sorts of paddles. Whether you're looking to mess around on the lake for an hour or you're gearing up for a 10 day in your favorite remote location, there is truly no better paddle. Jeff Solway called this a 'Zen Cruiser' when I spoke to him and it didn't take long to see why. Thanks to the oval shaft, seriously flared blade and a little extra meat in the grip, that last hour before making camp for the night is no longer spent agonizing over your aching paddling muscles.

I honestly can not recommend a better paddle. Mine is a solid cherry 54" and I know that with a little care and respect, it will be buried with me (no, I'm not going to will it). Tragically, Jeff isn't making paddles anymore. I was almost as heart-broken as when I'd heard that Omer Stringer passed back in '88. I saw a picture of a Nashwaak for sale in a Toronto store, but without Jeff's strange signature piece of African Hardwood laminated into the grip... I'm sure its a knock off.