Submitted: 12-08-2009 by aj

Got one of these recently and am really enjoying it. The only problem I'm having is that I want to go out in it a lot more than my schedule allows. I was a little worried about the seat at first but then just messed around with the adjustment a little more and found that it is good for me. I haven't gotten uncomfortable in it. I was looking at another kayak with "the ultimate kayak seat in it" but decided the Tarpons construction was better and felt a sot was going to be faster and handle plenty of gear for me. It has done that. I was able to stand and paddle while going down the river last trip out. That was really fun. Felt like I was mixing in some surfing. I'm sure if you were in a rough river with lots of rapids this would be a real feat but where I was on flat water it wasn't that difficult. I could definitely spot fish easier standing. Stayed dry on the trip too, at least till it warmed up enough for some wading. So in short, I'm very happy with my purchase.