Submitted: 11-18-2009 by kheyashunka

follow up to my July 5, 2008 review.
This summer I shipalted in the original design hatch closure system. (10) It is much easier for loading gear and watertight integrity is unmatched. I wouldn't recommend the hidden hatch system (bungee/hook) if you want to camp with any kayak you might build.

I got quite a few miles this season, did a lot of camping, and even considerable portaging. A lot of rough handling, there are some paint scrapes but epoxy integrity is not compromised.

I really like this kayaks performance. A twenty mile paddle outing goes by in a flash. It's fun in all conditions, surfed good, rolls exceptional. I got to show it to Mark Rogers (the designer) at Inland Seas Society Symposium last June and he was impressed with my work. Nigel Dennis also paddled up to me one day and we discussed boat building. And it's a traffic stopper... for those moments when you can't be on the water.