Submitted: 11-17-2009 by paddlegirl
Thanks to all you previous reviewers.
Recently bought my Pack to primarily take the place of my Mad River Malecite and a kayak. Like Jack with his Lamoille, my 62lb Malecite had become too much for me to handle to and from the car. It has been sitting for several years because of the hassle in handling. The kayak was just to confining for me.

Most of my activities are on bigger waters and I have found the Pack quite capable. I was in 1-2' waves yesterday and though busy maintaining control all went well.

I use my adjustable kayak paddle (BB Glide) set at 240cm. This works fine for kneeling but for sitting a 260 might be better. One of the reasons I went from a kayak back to a canoe was so I would have a choice in either sitting or kneeling.

I paddle my Pack backwards so to speak, bracing against the thwart and using the seat as a surface for my compass, camera, and other things. I contacted customer service to confirm the Pack was symmetrical, it is.
I really love the weight, or lack of it.