Submitted: 11-11-2009 by arks
Stats: 53 YO intermediate paddler, 6'0", 180#, size 11 dogs. Daytripper, typically paddling in sheltered waters with others.
I've had my Sirius 'S' for 3 years now. It was well used but OK. I bought it because I wanted a boat that would 'challenge' me to sharpen my skills and move me to the next level. This boat has DEFINITELY achieved that goal. My other boat is a 15' Necky Kyook, so the Sirius was a huge change.

Even after 3 years the Sirius continues to make me hone my edging and stroke skills. The cockpit was so tight that I decided to lower the seatpan all the way to the floor and add an adjustable backband. Wet re-entries are now much easier. Quality is, of course, excellent. No day hatch, but the other 2 are perfectly tight after replacing the covers with new VCP's. I thought the deck rigging wasn't correct behind the cockpit, so I changed the lines around a bit to work for me. Love those recessed line hold-downs. No problem with the skeg, but it doesn't help with directional stability in a stiff tailwind.

This is my first composite boat. It's definitely more fragile than a plastic boat but has excellent rigidity. In the end, I think this boat was a good choice for me. I just gotta find more time to use it.....