Submitted: 11-11-2009 by Festus_Hagen

I have a Manta Ray TLC carbon/carbon 230cm.
I have used and abused this paddle. It's been used on flatwater with my Folbot Cooper (220 would be better for this application but it's ok), solo paddling a Mad River Adventure 14 canoe (240 or 250 would be better but again it's ok) and paddling a Coleman Fastback inflatable kayak on both flat and whitewater (where the 230 length is Just Right).

I have no complaints. The TLC works flawlessly- I'd love to make some smart-alecky remark like "you have to be smarter than the paddle" but just because mine works great, doesn't mean they all have.

This paddle is light yet strong. I've really beaten on it, it keeps coming back for more. Bashing through class III rapids, prying my way through beaver dams (with a really big, heavy canoe!) the paddle handles it all. I haven't been paddling long enough to say anything intelligent about the "flutter" or other characteristics. The decals don't offend me but I'm not the type to care about such things.

I finally bought a legit whitewater boat, this paddle is way too long so I'll be buying something under 200cm. The AB Shred is top of my list right now.

Witz Sport Cases: