Submitted: 11-06-2009 by canusacanoe
I got my Cronje this past spring and couldn't be happier. I'm totally pleased with the "blue steel" (kevlar/carbon composite) lay-up and the 54 lb. weight (slightly heavier than standard blue steel because the unique "paint job" required a double gell coat) is easy on my aging bones when portaging.

I've had it out to mountain lakes in the Canadian Rockies, and best of all, on a trip to Quetico Provincial Park in September to celebrate the 100th anniversary of QPP and Superior National Forest. This boat is fast, stable, easily maneuverable, and can carry more gear than you could possibly use. We paddled Pickerel Lake with confidence.

This boat is built to handle big water with ease. To top it off it is an incredibly beautiful boat. Its classic lines are definitely eye-catching. This is going to be "my ride" for as long as I can paddle!