Submitted: 11-02-2009 by rwleather

I purchased a polyethelene Manitou 13 a month ago after many months of researching and "test driving" boats. I had initially decided upon a Manitou 14 simply because I felt the extra bulkhead would afford me options that the single bulkhead Manitou 13 may not. In any case a very good deal on a 13 came up and I opted for it. I have paddled 4 or 5 times since purchasing and as mentioned earlier, since I was already somewhat familiar with the boat there were no surprises. I can tell you that, as advertised, these boats do indeed perform as though you are paddling something longer. The 13 has no rudder and doesn't need one, in my opinion. Each time I paddle I'm reminded of how well it tracks and how easy it is to maneuver. I've paddled mostly rivers, sheltered bays, lakes with this boat to date and I've thoroughly enjoyed each outing. I love the ease of transporting (45 lbs) and the comfort of the extrasport seat as well as the ease of entry and exit (I'm 175 and 5'11" and have LOTS of room) and overall stability. Just my humble novice opinion, for what its worth.