Submitted: 10-26-2009 by SC

I have owned my Emotion Bliss for one month now, and I couldn't be happier. I've been paddling an Old Town Rush for four years, and while I enjoyed its versatility, it doesn't track well in wind and it's so big, I felt like I was paddling a bathtub! The Bliss is made specifically for a smaller paddler, and it tracks like an arrow. I'm tall-5'11"-but very thin; I wouldn't fit if I were any taller, and a person with larger feet would have a problem with the central bow brace. If it fits, though, it is an extremely comfortable boat and very efficient to paddle. It's very fast for a rec kayak and handles beautifully in wind, waves, and current. It turns well for its length, due to the slight "v" hull-you can tip on edge a bit to make a nice turn. It might feel a bit tippy at first to a beginner due to the slight keel line, but a little practice should dispel any anxiety. The secondary stability is actually quite good. I rated it a "10" because it's exactly what I wanted in a rec boat: small, light, quick, and efficient. I don't think we could use it as a swimming platform like my son's Pamlico, but it's perfect for exploring lakes, bays, and slower creeks and rivers.