Submitted: 10-14-2009 by andy
My custom Greenland stick from Mackie Paddles is really sweet. My GP-88C is beautifully shaped from a handsome chunk of WRC to suit my hands and arm span. On the water it is very smooth and totally silent through any stroke and scull. Other paddles I have used are noisier. That could be a function of those paddles being more demanding of technique.

Per my request, it has a square-ish 21-1/2 inch loom with very slight shoulders that gracefully transition into 3.25 inch wide blades and rounded tips. 5 coats of tung oil really show off the tight grain and highlight the cedar's deep color. I opted for no stain even though he offers some rich, natural colors.

Mackie was great to work with and made contact afterward to see if I was satisfied and if any modifications were needed free of charge. I am glad that I had my initials embossed in the loom as all who have seen and used this paddle want one too.