Submitted: 10-14-2009 by Walt

I am a novice kayaker and had rented a kayak last year for the first time and loved being out on the water so much with it that I decided to buy my own. My girlfriend and I bought a pair of red Tsunami 125s from Sportsmen Marina (good service and very knowledgeable)in Hadley, MA after a lot of Internet research on different kayaks. I have not regretted our choice.

We took a five hour lesson from an expert to learn the way to do different kayak strokes properly and some rescue maneuvers. The kayak handles well, paddles easily, and is very stable. The Gen. 2 polyethylene shell is very durable. I like the bountiful deck rigging and use it to secure our pump and some other gear within easy reach. We have paddled on the largest reservoir in Vermont and the Connecticut river in Western Mass with no problems. The kayak handled chop and power boat wake with ease.

I plan on getting a spray skirt for cooler weather and some rougher water (ocean bays, etc.). I am 50 years old, 212 pounds, and 5 foot eleven inches with real long legs and this kayak gives me plenty of room. Love the adjustable foot pegs, thigh braces, and comfy seat - I feel like one with the kayak and the water. Love observing all the wildlife while out on the water! Always wear your life preserver and don't litter! You will have fun with this kayak! I can load and unload this kayak to my car roof top cradles by myself with a little effort, but if this kayak had been 5 or 10 pounds lighter I would have gave it a 10 rating.