Submitted: 10-12-2009 by T M

I purchased my PUNGO 120 at Joe's Sporting good's this past May and could not be any happier! I started out with a Perception Sundance 9.5(Excellent starter kayak) the spring of '08 and within a week I was ready to upgrade. I kept going back and forth between the Wilderness Pungo 120 and The Old Town Dirigo 106. I liked the Fact that the Dirigo had the 3-way adjustable seat and the easy access rear hatch that can be opened while sitting in the kayak! (At this time the Pungo still had the Rubberized rear hatch seal, not fun to seal even when out of the Kayak!) Also the Dirigo could fit inside our Dodge Grand Caravan along with the Perception Sundance 9.5 and CLOSE THE REAR DOOR! So I went with the Dirigo!

This year Wilderness Systems made a change with their hatch Door's and I had a chance to sell my Dirigo, So I made my Purchase of a Mango Pungo 120 and am now in The PERFECT DO-ALL KAYAK!! The Pungo track's much straighter, and is much faster! The rear of this kayak is molded with a Bobtail, So it really performs like a 14'! The seat is the BEST I have ever sat in! Having Individual thigh adjustments is just perfect for my leg's. And did I mention the 57" x 22" cockpit opening? When you remove the dashboard it's great for you and your K-9 friend or small child. I also mounted a Scotty rod holder on one of the cubby's on the Dashboard. Work's Great!

The Pungo fits in the Caravan with the Perception Sundance, but the Rear door remains open about a foot! Small price to pay for a Faster, Straighter AND Roomier Kayak!
I can't say enough WHAT A GREAT KAYAK WILDERNESS SYSTEM'S HAS MADE!!