Submitted: 10-09-2009 by vater

I recently had a great opportunity to borrow a thermoformed Eddyline Equinox kayak to spend four days paddling with friends on the Cowlitz River in southern Washington state. As I'm not an experienced sea kayaker, I really appreciated the stability this boat offers in the occasionally strong currents of the Cowlitz. Even though this boat was a little wider than some of the kayaks others were using on our trip, I found it easy to keep up with the group of skilled paddlers.

I agree with the reviews below regarding the excellent tracking ability of the Equinox; also the hatches stayed perfectly dry amidst lots of splashes. I can't speak to the durability of the hull, as I was careful to avoid dinging the borrowed boat.

I'm 5'10" and 180# and I found the cockpit to be very spacious and the seat comfortable. Adjusting the seat back was a bit tricky when seated in the kayak, but once I got it dialed in, it fit like a dream.

I'd also like to mention that I really liked the Eddyline spray skirt that came with this kayak. It kept me perfectly dry and was easier to stretch into position than others I have used in the past.