Submitted: 10-07-2009 by Steve S

I bit the bullet and purchased the Prodigy 10 for $399 (2009); paddle and other gear made the bill about $500. This is my first kayak and honestly, cost was the primary factor in choice. Overall, I'm delighted with my purchase. The boat seems well constructed, stable, lightweight, handles well. My boat seems to drift to port slightly which causes me to have to apply a noticeable stronger force to compensate. This could be for a number of reasons like current, wind or even a stronger right arm.

I've tried fishing with it a few times; a little cramped but you get used to it pretty quick. I recommend buying some side mount hooks to keep your paddle on while holding your fishing rod. Funny, if you're casting, the drag from the lure pulling towards the kayak makes the boat turn easily! I do a circular casting pattern and complete a complete circle in 4 casts.

Not a bad buy and most of all, I'm super happy with my new outdoor "exercise machine"!

Sealline: