Submitted: 10-06-2009 by agongos
This is an update on my original review of the Current Designs, Solstice Titan LV.
Almost a year later and I'm still pleased with this boat. I did take out the factory seat-back and replaced it with a mini-cell foam pillar about 5" wide and carved to conform to my spine. It works well. I also padded out the side a little with some mini-cell to get more contact with the boat on my thighs and hips. I put about 20 miles on this boat every week from April till November and it's holding up real nice. I don't baby my boats either. Bought a Rack&Roll trailer,(Yakima) to haul this boat on. Sure is nice at the end of a paddle not to have to lift it up on the car anymore.

I'm building a wood strip boat this winter. Same size, but with more rocker. Want to see if that will help make a boat this big a little more playful in the waves.

All & all the Titan is a great boat for a big guy. Most guys who paddle kayaks are 6' and weigh in at 170 pounds or less. I wish I did, there's so many boats out there to choose from if you're tall and lean. But hey, with more body fat I'll last longer in the cold waters of Lake Superior!