Submitted: 10-05-2009 by johnheiam
My wife and I recently purchased the Tampico 135L. So far we are both very happy. The boat has reasonable stability, and moves through the water easily. If I want to catch people in the lead it is easy to do. It is maneuverable enough for all but the tightest little streams. I am happy with the way it tracks.

We took the boat down to the beach and tried to tip it over. Eventually we succeeded, and we found that the hatch covers are not totally water tight. The front let in about a cup and the rear let in about a quart. I am 5'10" and weigh 165 with size 10 shoes and I find this boat a little snug - comfortable, but snug. I think this boat could easily accommodate people as small as 5'4". If you looked at the 135S and don't like the seat, don't be afraid to try this model.

I weighed ours and it weighs 50 lbs. I own 11 boats and every one weighs 4 -8 lbs more than the manufacturer quotes. Unfortunately that's the way it is in the small boat industry.