Submitted: 10-05-2009 by HeyMoe
I bought two at Dick's for $200.00 dollars each. This is a great kayak for the price. It's very stable, easy to paddle, and light enough to carry on your shoulder. It tracks and glides well on flat calm water on a lake and tracks reasonably well on a river with a fairly swift current. It tracked better than a much more expensive Emotion AdvantEdge I paddled on the same river.

Initially I was having a problem with the bow moving side to side, but the problem turned out to be with my paddling skills. After an adjustment to my forward stroke, it tracked well. At 5'10" and 205 lbs., I'm very comfortable in the cockpit and have no trouble getting in and out. My only complaints are with the foot room at the pedals, and the seat. With my size 10-1/2 water shoes on, I have to angle my feet to fit. The seat gets uncomfortable after a couple of hours of paddling. I plan to remedy the seat problem over the winter by buying the optional Easy Rider II seat. The seat was advertised in the brochure that came the the kayaks, but I couldn't find it on the website. I called Future Beach and they gave me the telephone number for their parts warehouse. The gentleman at parts was very helpful and told me that the seat and the optional thigh supports could be found on the Equinox Kayaks website.

Overall, I think this is a great first kayak for someone wanting to get started without spending a lot of money. I only gave it a 9 because of the seat.