Submitted: 10-05-2009 by Wet N Alabama

I have a very rare 17 foot double ended Grumman with factory webbed seating (Alum. tube seat frame with lawn chair type webbing attached by a notched pinch clip, not screws). It was a special order of canoes made this way by request "just one time" per the Grumman management). Grumman acknowledges it, but has no records or photos on file. Just stories from the real old timers that have since retired. It is heavy gauge with tons of aircraft rivets. I wouldn't trade it for a high dollar fiberglass canoe or even a new Grumman! The seats make the difference + it could be the last one remaining in existence! Only minor useage markings, no severe or repaired damage exists.

We took it out for Class 3 rapid trip just this week. Nothing beats a Grumman. Legendary much like a Harley Davidson! I prefer the Web Seats for comfort to the rigid aluminum. A local canoe rental guy said, Aluminum doesn't last. I said, find me an antique fiberglass or plastic canoe and then we will talk about durability. Especially if you stored yours in direct sun, outdoors like I have!