Submitted: 10-02-2009 by SW

The kayak ergometer is a very high quality kayak machine. It is built with very good products and very durable. It does stimulate the feeling of kayaking in the water very well. The monitor does give good feedback and is placed where you can see it well. The kayak ergometer will make you stronger and keep you in shape for the summer months. It is institutional quality. I would give the actually machine a 10 for 10.

I am very happy with the quality of the Kayak ergometer, but frustrated with the computer technology. I bought it for the whole package. The e-monitor program does give great feedback as you are kayaking. It also communicates well with the machine. All number continue with the exception of the stroke numbers. That will stop at 999, which is fine if you do short intervals or workouts on it. When your done you get all the feedback, which is excellent. However, the fitness log only saves the information on a daily basis. If you want to see how you are progressing, you have to constantly click on each day you worked out. The fitness log is not very usable, so I created my own fitness log on an excel program, so I can see how my numbers are improving from month to month.

Virtu-race - It's a pretty cool program to break up the monopoly of the basement workouts. It's kind of fun to be on a river with ultra rabbits by your side. They do stick with you and paddle slightly in front and behind you. The virtu-race is a little easier that the e-monitor program. Your watts and speeds will be a little faster. We really enjoy the program. It does not come with any fitness log. The feedback that you get at the end is all you get. It seems like they put out a computer program and left out some important aspects. I was looking for the whole package system with quality machine and excellent computer programming.

In all due fairness, I'm into biking and have a virtual biking system. I do both the racermate and realaxiom. The programs are outstanding. Bottomline, I was a little disappointed on the computer programming. However, they were willing to listen to suggestions and make some improvements.

Gray is very good at getting back to you on email and by phone. The overall customer service is great.
I would refer anyone to his kayak ergometer.

Katadyn: