Submitted: 10-02-2009 by Cpan451

I traded in my Pamlico 160T this past spring and after much research, I purchased the Pungo 140. I am 6'2 at 240#. I have taken this yak out on the open ocean, the sound side of North Carolina and Pennsylvania flat water lakes. I am very happy with this boat. My old Pamlico was about as fast as a barge and tracked like a top. The Pungo 140 lives up to the reviews. It's fast for a rec boat and tracks nicely. It is comfortable and very stable which makes it wonderful to fish from.

This is a great boat for larger paddlers but keep in mind that it is still a recreational boat. Don't expect the console to keep waves out when trying to get through the breakers. The cockpit is large which makes it easy for you (or big waves) to enter and exit (bilge pump required). It has lots of storage and (as a bonus) you can easily access the space behind the seat while paddling along. I keep a small tackle box there and itís out of the way until I need it. The upgraded hatches on the 2009 models are a must and they also improved the seal around the bulkhead making it very water tight. If you are a recreational paddler take a long, hard look at this kayak.