Submitted: 09-25-2009 by sloboat
I've had this boat for a few months now. Every time I paddle it, I'm more and more impressed. The Cypress, itself, draws attention both on and off the water. The lines are clean. The detailing outstanding. On the water it accelerates quickly and has a very impressive glide.

I watched my husband paddle my boat and love the way it cuts through the water. He was impressed with how effortlessly he was working and the distance he was covering. I've had no problems with manuverablity and have had it on a variety of fresh water spring runs and blackwater rivers. In open water lakes, with a mild breeze, it tracks extremely well. We have not experienced a stiff wind yet, and I can't wait to get it into a gusty lake with some good chop. I expect it'll handle well. Also can't wait to see how well the skeg works in windy conditions.

The seat is comfortable. I love the backband. The hatches are generous. The day hatch is easily accessible while on the water. It edges very well and a friend has rolled it (I do plan to learn how). He was very impressed with how easy it was to roll. I have practiced wet exit and unassisted reentry with no problem. Hatches remained dry. Lifting the bow (while boat inverted on the water, water drains quickly and easily from cockpit leaving it almost totally dry.

Many know that I test paddled this boat prior to its official production release and fell in love with it. After two years of "boat lust" and I am not disappointed. I don't want to paddle anything else. I chose a Kevlar boat that was pre-made and in stock at the Current Designs warehouse. Of course any wait seems like an eternity, it took about 6 weeks for CD to ship. It did arrive with a small ding, which the dealer and the CD acknowledged and a repair kit was sent directly to me at no additional charge.

Only one person has had something negative to say about my boat, for them, saying that the height of the back deck was a little too tall for them. This has not been an issue for me.

Once again Current Designs has produced a GREAT boat. Please test paddle one if you get the chance. I hope you will be as pleased as I am and choose to purchase the Cypress as well.

NOCQUA Adventure Gear: