Submitted: 09-23-2009 by awdiwo

Purchased and paddled this kayak for the last 3 months. It looks like an X-Factor with a re-designed deck. It's a great fishing kayak, and great for taking out kids. The three hatches in front of the seat are brilliant for fishing gear and bait. I had myself, 180#, two 70# boys with me, stable as a rock. Easy and comfortable to stand in for sight fishing. It paddles much easier then it's large size would suggest. Once up to speed it glides effortlessly and tracks straight. She's a heavy boat to cartop, but experimentation with your technique will help. I take the hatch covers off to lower the weight and provide handholds to load it.

I had a couple gasket issues but an email to Mailbu and the problems were fixed very quickly. MK's customer service is second to none! I got a call from the president of the company and a rep to assure everything worked out. Thanks for standing behind your products! I'll probably buy a couple of Mini-X's for the boys next summer so Dad can go solo next year...