Submitted: 09-17-2009 by Wayne A

I purchased the 435 last year. It was a 2001 model but had never been taken out of the sealed box (the seller had several). We have used it on lakes and rivers and always enjoy it. It is easy to paddle although with the deluxe upgrade paddles and high-back seats it is much easier. We are both retired. I wanted something that would be stable ... especially the entry and exit for my wife. It fills the bill better than expected. I am sure it is not tops in performance but who wants to carry a bulky hardshell or store it for most of the year.

I added a trolling motor with a DIY mounting bracket. Works great. Only problem is in Texas you have to register the boat with Texas Parks and Wildlife as a "motorcraft", get it inspected by a game warden, and from then on pay a fee to keep it legal. Not a lot of $, but it is a hassle.

Next I made a DIY 42 Sq. Ft. Latine sail with 1 1/8 inch aluminum mast and one inch aluminum spars. Total cost aprox. $39.00. Admittedly I already had the dagger boards and the rudders(first set of paddles). I also spent some time at a local thrift store acquiring the sail material and poles.
Performance: I have never felt like it was going to turn over. I couldn't be more pleased with the performance.