Submitted: 09-17-2009 by shiraz627
I purchased a barely used Swift Saranac 14.6 in Feb. 2009. This kayak features Carbon/Kevlar construction and a retractable skeg. This a very nice boat overall, what I most like about it is its light weight (38lbs), excellent tracking and easy turning. The seat is very comfortable plus the Kajak Sport Hatch covers are easy to use.

On the down side the boat is not as fast as I had hoped, figure you can get 2-3mph out of the boat as confirmed by my GPS. I did have some trouble with one of the hatch cowlings coming loose from the deck (definitely a manufacturing defect) but the dealer gave me the epoxy and I made the repair myself.

The boat holds a ton of gear if you're into camping. I have paddled this kayak on everything from small ponds to Long Island Sound with a 3' swell. The boat handles very well and predictable even when taking waves from the beam.