Submitted: 09-14-2009 by nattynat
This is my first kayak, and I must say I had to get used to it. When I say first kayak, I really mean first kayak - I never even rented one before. I LOVE this boat! I have had this boat since May and at first I wasn't so sure. It seemed to "spin out" after swift current turns and I have dumped over a couple of times just getting in the thing.

Since May, I have learned the majority of my problems were, well, me. The "spin outs" are directly related to body position and pressure on the pedals. Getting in should be done with the current going parallel to the boat, not at all against the side of the boat. I'm guessing this is novice stuff you should already know. My dry hatch wasn't keeping very dry, but some marine grade silicone easily fixed that.

I've had this boat on lakes, rivers, and even an over-nighter. It's amazing what you can pack in this thing! My one true complaint is that if you have a drink in the cupholder, you will get goosed or knock it over getting back in the boat. Other than that, it's a great boat and handles great!