Submitted: 09-11-2009 by splink48

My friend borrowed a Swifty from a coworker of mine to go on an overnight trip with me down the Chattahoochee with me. I have a Perception Sierra. We loaded them up with our camping gear and set out on the water. The Sierra held the tent, cooler, a chair, half the clothes, and a lot of the miscellaneous stuff. The Swifty got loaded with the other half of the clothes, another chair, cooktop, and some granola bars. By no fault of the kayak, my friend couldn't fit in the Swifty, but he is 6'9", so we traded kayaks and I took over the Swifty.

The Swifty was spacious enough to hold plenty of gear plus me...and we probably overloaded it just a bit. I found the kayak tracked pretty well, but it took a considerable amount of effort to keep up with my Perception. The Perception held most of our gear, and it handled like a dream. While paddling the Swifty, it seemed to just stop when you stopped paddling....almost like it had brakes.

I think the Swifty would make a great workout kayak (you'll definitely get one), but as a lazy river paddler, I'll definitely be sticking with my Sierra.