Submitted: 09-11-2009 by Fish-Crazy

I bought the 12 foot long Trophy 144 after researching and shopping around for a fishing kayak. The Trophy had a lot of features such as rod holders, tons of storage space, and a rear compartment that is sealed with a watertight foam barrier.It was by far the best deal I could find. Had all of the features I was finding on kayaks from Old Town, Perception and Wilderness Systems that cost $200 more.

The performance of this kayak is great. Their brochure talks about a dihedral hull that helps with stability and performance and from what I can see they are exactly right. I'm a big guy, 6'0" and 220 pounds and the Trophy 144 is comfortable and stable and paddles great. It's not the lightest or fastest kayak I have ever owned, but I'm fishing not racing and this kayak fits my needs exactly.

I saw a Trophy 126 at Dick's and might pick up this kayak for my 12 year old son. He fishes with me out of a boat, but never out of a kayak. I'd feel good about him fishing out of a Trophy because of the stability and solid construction.