Submitted: 09-11-2009 by Aussie Wayne Green

This boat is ridiculously good for the money. At under $300 you have a small-water fishing platform (what I actually bought it for) that transforms into a downriver weekender (I have no idea what the storage volume is but I can easily fit three large dry bags into this thing - two behind the seat, one between my legs)....but best of all I've discovered it's a covert tandem boat. I'm an enormous bloke at 5'7" / 145lb, and with a slip in child seat made by Perception ($40 at Austinkayak.com which seems to be the only place that sells them) I can take one of my daughters out for a paddle in comfort. My girls are 5 and 7yo - both small in size - but they love it. Because the boat is small we can access all kinds of narrow creeks and inlets, check out the birds and crabs, take photos, it's just the easiest intro to kayaking for kids that I've heard of. We're so please with this tiny boat that we bought two so the whole family could go paddling together - and my WS Tempest 165 is sitting ignored in the garage at home!!!

But seriously - if you've been considering tandem kayaks to introduce your kids to flatwater paddling then don't waste your money on something that can't be used for other things. Worst case with a Swifty + child seat is that you'll get a smallwater fishing boat all for yourself.....at under $300! How good is that?!?!!