Submitted: 09-10-2009 by Vee

I have had my Harken Hoister for several years and the plastic connectors always concerned me. During the off season I would use my Thule car top straps as safety straps. Today my worst nightmare happened I was lowering my Tampico 140l on to the roof of my car and I was not quite down fully into the roof racks and when I went back to give it more line the kayak swung to the side of the car and both plastic clips broke dropping the kayak from about 5 feet to the concrete floor. Whatever you do get rid of the plastic clip straps now even if they have been working for you. DO NOT use them under any circumstances. The have held up my 16' Valeey and now the Hurricane Tampico but just finally decided to let go. I guess it could have been worse they could have let go at the ceiling instead. Why plastic? Did they save 20 cents?